Develops Software – Analyzes needs and requirements based on story cards. Writes, edits, and maintains code, while consistently following programming standards and best practices. Designs and implements low-latency, high-available, high performant applications and code sets. Considers security and data protection at all times while writing code and developing applications. Writes reusable, testable, and efficient code.
Integrates applications with backend systems - Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic. Integrates database and data storage solutions, including traditional on-premises SQL based databased, and cloud based solutions such as RDS, Mongo DB, and Amazon S3 storage.
Analyzes Current Programs and Processes – Analyzes the performance of current software and programs. Runs diagnostics and identifies problems. Designs solutions, re-writes codes, and repairs legacy codes for problematic programming to optimize performance.
Continuous Education & Learning – Continuously self-educates in current, trending, and future programming and development methodologies and technologies.
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming • Understanding and experience with Linux operating system
• Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments • Integration of multiple data sources and databases into single system / endpoint
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Ability to use, track, and respond to all work assignments using JIRA based ticketing system
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Basic SQL Server database knowledge
• AS400 / IBM iSeries mainframe experience / RPG programming language (plus)