Develops Software – Analyzes needs and requirements based on story cards using the Agile/scrum methodology. Designs and implements low-latency, high-available, high performant applications and code sets. Considers security and data protection at all times while writing code and developing applications. Writes reusable, testable, and efficient code. Setup and delivery of application development environments for continuous deployments. Drive technical design ensuring adherence to defined software development methodologies.
Integrates applications with backend systems - Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic. Integrates database and data storage solutions, including traditional on-premises SQL based databased, and cloud based solutions such as RDS, Mongo DB, DB2, Amazon S3, and IBM Cloud Object storage.
Analyzes Current Programs and Processes – Analyzes the performance of current software and programs. Runs diagnostics and identifies problems. Designs solutions, re-writes codes, and repairs legacy codes for problematic programming to optimize performance.
Continuous Education & Learning – Continuously self-educates in current, trending, and future programming and development methodologies and technologies.
• Strong understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON.
• Experience with Cloud based PaaS, IaaS platforms such as Amazon AWS, IBM Cloud (Bluemix), Docker • Ability to operate effectively both independently as well and within a team using Agile methodology
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
• Ability to recommend and enforce industry best practices and patterns
• Strong proficiency with data modeling
• Strong understanding of object oriented programming
• Able to mentor and work with junior-level developers
• Must be well organized. Team oriented
• Strong understanding the nature of asynchronous programming
• Strong understanding and experience with Linux operating system
• Strong understanding of SQL
• Implementing automated testing platforms, functional, and unit tests
• Knowledge of TDD and continuous integration
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Ability to use, track, and respond to all work assignments using JIRA based ticketing system
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• **AS400 / IBM iSeries mainframe experience / RPG programming language (plus)