Octagon Technology Group is in search for a senior project manager that has experience managing multiple software development projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced and dynamic organization! You will have the ability to provide guidance and technical/business expertise and add measurable value to the work of others though value to the work of others through planning, coordination and/or communication.
As the Manager of Infrastructure and Cloud Engineering, you will utilize your strategic, technical, and operational experience as well as your broad understanding of the following infrastructure domains:
• IT Infrastructure & Cloud Computing (AWS) Operations, Engineering, and Services Management
• Innovative infrastructure solutions to support a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC)
• Infrastructure Risk and Compliance
• Infrastructure Relationship Management of internal customers and external vendors
Responsibilities will include:
• Manage a staff of engineers responsible for all data center hardware and software planning and design for both traditional data centers and public and private clouds.
• Provide thought leadership across many aspects of our public and private cloud infrastructure in current and emerging technologies. Manage and coordinate activities of technical resources responsible for the design of traditional and cloud infrastructure products and services as well as oversight of the vendors and service providers.
• Design and implementation of agile innovative infrastructure solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization
• Provide highly reliable infrastructure solutions that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively
• Drive the adoption of standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support Operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise
• Engineer high performance and high availability cloud based systems for the organization.
• Develop and execute on long range technology strategy roadmaps
• Continuously assess current technology footprint and market offerings, drive technology decisions, lead PoCs of new solutions/capabilities
• Planning, implementing, supporting, and maintaining hardware, software and connectivity components by analyzing the functionality of infrastructure framework and designing and planning major upgrades and changes to ensure reliability and availability
• Planning, implementing, supporting, and maintaining all hardware, software and infrastructure used for network, communications, server administration, server virtualization, data storage (SAN), application delivery (CITRIX), and mobile device management
• Provide leadership and direction for the overall management of multiple infrastructure technology domains and project initiatives. Technology domains may include platforms & OS (Linux / Windows), AWS Cloud Computing services, virtualization technologies (VMWare), telephony & voice, network, storage technologies, and backups
• Responsible for defining, prioritizing, and supporting key initiatives and operational items
• Drive and encourage high levels of automation throughout the organization.
• Works closely with our external partners and industry leaders to ensure we have a keen understanding of where industry trends and technologies are going and factor those into our strategies and roadmaps.
• Ensure the solutions the Cloud Engineering team designs and delivers are meeting defined business requirements and will stand the test of time from an operational excellence perspective.
• Create roadmap and work towards dev-ops model of service engineering.
• Work closely with IT Security to ensure the solutions we're designing and delivering meet data security and compliance requirements.
• Provide regular communication to peers, IT leadership and Business leadership on areas for improvement, progress, milestones, and areas of success.
• Ensure documentation and processes are well defined.