Octagon Technology Staffing is in search for a senior UNIX/LINUX administrator to manage and mainatain UNIX/LINUX servers along with SAN storage within each data center as well as maintain tape libraries and devices globally.Expertise in both areas is required for this position.
This is an experienced position; the expected length of relevant prior experience beyond formal education is 8 or more years. This role assists a team environment with knowledge in training as well as documentation. This position works directly with senior management to make recommendations for system improvements.
Main responsibilities include:
· Manage the administration of the production servers in the development, production, and DR environments.
· Maintain a 99.99% uptime on the production system.
· Configure and build new UNIX servers for Production, Development or Disaster Recovery Environments.
· Manage the patching / security of UNIX systems and follow the schedules defined in policies. This includes OS, Clusters, Teamquest applications; Veritas file systems, Veritas Cluster and NetBackup.
· Review of system logs for issues or problems and proactively take steps to remediate any potential issues or problems. Knowledgeable of Fiber channel SAN concepts including hardware such as Fiber switches, Cable, connectors and cards, and necessary zoning on Brocade switches. Must have good network concepts and manages multiple routes on a filer.
· Maintain and update system documentation including assisting on support contracts. Work on an ongoing basis to ensure that equipment is documented properly. Work with Systems Administrators on both UNIX/Linux and Microsoft Windows platforms in the configuration and maintenance of FC SAN, iSCSI, NAS connectivity and storage subsystems.
· Global maintenance of all UNIX servers, SANs, including Production, QA, and Patch.
The position requires the following technical skills:
· In-depth knowledge of UNIX systems, Storage Devices and Storage Data management tools
· Experience with Sun Solaris Operating systems and Windows (2003, 2008) Operating Systems
· Experience in the Netapp environment
· Ability to work with Data OnTap 7.x, 8.x
· Should be able to handle and perform upgrades of the NetApp filers
· Knowledgeable in Snapmirror, Snap Vault, Filer View, Snaphots, DFM and other NetApp software
Other knowledge or expertise required:
· 5-7 years of UNIX/NetApp Administration experience including NetApp hardware/software
· NetApp/SNIA/Brocade certifications a plus
· Strong communication skill
-Bachelors Degree Required