Octagon Technology Staffing is in search for a senior level SOA Engineer to implement and support Oracle SOA infrastructure for our client's enterprise solutions. You will work with developers, architects, DBAs and system administrators to provide full lifecycle support for all applications using webservices.
This is a senior individual contributor position without supervisor responsibility. You will provide guidance and technical/ business expertise and add measurable value to the work of others through planning, coordination and/or communication.
• Participation in the design and capacity planning of the SOA infrastructure
• Installation, configuration and support of Oracle SOA tools
• WebLogic administration and scripting
• Configuration, clustering, load balancing and tuning of Fusion middleware
• Configuration of LDAP and SSO for Fusion middleware and related products
• Code migration between dev, test, QA and production environments
• Creation and maintenance of documentation, incl. SOA infrastructure diagrams, SOP’s, best practices etc.
• Development, tracking and reporting of metrics for performance, capability, capacity and other aspects of system operations
• Researching and establishing best practices for Oracle middleware in the department
• Prioritization of requests
• Project planning, incl. time and resource estimates
• Proactive risk management
• Definition and development of test plans
In-depth technical expertise in an area central to the company’s success. It adds measurable value to the work completed by others. This position requires at least 8 years of experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or similar discipline is required.
• Application development experience in an Oracle environment
• ANT scripting
• Shell scripting
• Oracle Weblogic
• Solid understanding of the infrastructure components needed for SOA installations
• Proficiency in key components of the SOA Suite, incl. but not limited to OSB, BPEL, Adapters
• Hands-on experience in configuring, deploying and supporting Oracle SOA Suite 11g
• Proficiency in WSDL
• Full project lifecycle support for applications using web services
• Some project management experience
• Experience working with application server DBA and Oracle DBA to resolve application problems
• At least 8 years’ experience in technology, at least 4 years’ experience in Oracle SOA